35 Meter Speed Test. This article explain about procedure to conduct the 35 meter speed test. This test can applied for any athlete's that running speed is very important thing. The objective of the sprint speed test is to assess maximum running speed. It involves running a single maximum sprint over a set distance.
To undertake this test you will require:
• Measuring tape or marked track
• Stop watch or timing gates
How to conduct the test
• The athlete undertakes a warm up
• A cone/marker is placed at 35m from the start line
• The athlete sprints the 35m from a sprint start
• The assistance records the time the athlete takes to complete the 35m
• The best of 3 x 35m sprints is recorded.
Analysis of the result is by comparing it with the result of previous tests. It is expected that, with appropriate training between each test, the analysis would indicate an improvement.
The following table is for adults
This test is suitable for sprinters but not for individuals where the test would be contraindicated.
Reliability would depend upon how strict the test is conducted and the individual's level of motivation to perform the test.
There are no published tables to relate results to potential performance in competition.
Reference: Brian Mackenzie, 2005. 101 Performance Evaluation Test