300 yard Shuttle Test. Test with sprint activity not only to measure speed, but can measure for other purpose such as anaerobic power. This test suitable for various sports that anaerobic power needed in performance. The purpose of this test is to measure the athlete's intermediate anaerobic power (lactate system).
To undertake this test you will require:
• 2 cones placed 25 yards (22.8 meter) apart
How to conduct the test
• The athlete starts at one cone
• The assistant gives the command to 'Go'
• The athlete performs 12 shuttle runs between the two cones
• At each turn the athlete is to touch the cone
• The assistant records the time taken to complete the 12 shuttle runs.
Analysis of the result is by comparing it with the results of previous tests. It is expected that, with appropriate training between each test, the analysis would indicate an improvement.
This test is suitable for active individuals but not for those where the test would be contraindicated.
Reliability would depend upon how strict the test is conducted and the individual's level of motivation to perform the test.
There are no published tables to relate results to potential performance in competition.
Reference: Brian Mackenzie, 2005. 101 Performance Evaluation Test