Today, most people take the greatest care in their health. No matter if you are involved in sport or not, physical fitness is priority. Furthermore, with deadly disease becoming threat to life more than ever before many have choose good health and fitness above everything else.
What actually is being fit? It is the ability of the body to endure pain or not feel pain or discomfort whenever it is engaged in physical activities. There is actually five main areas in which fitness can be measured. They are :
- Performing physical activities that requires aerobic endurance such as running, kayaking and aerobics workout is one kind of measurement and this will show how the heart reacts to it as well as supplying oxygen to the body.
- Another form of fitness test is weight lifting to test muscular ability. The idea is to lift a specific weight for an amount of time. This is then repeated so that it becomes less challenging. More weight or repetitions of lifting is then added to the test until target has been achieved.
- Fitness is also assessed by muscle strength. Observe the heaviest weight that can be carried by specific body parts such as arms or leg.
- The flexibility of your limbs and elasticity of your muscles. The measurement of how supple you are generally is another measurement of your physical fitness. Along with the ability to hoist yourself up on your arms, your fitness is also judged by how easily you move from one position to another.
- The total body mass index as in the proportion of fat in your body. This is measure according to formula and is not reflected in how your look or how much you weigh. Factors that are taken into account are your height, weight and age and within certain proportions, may or may not be acceptable.
What can be said about a person who looks muscular. Well, the most common perception would be that he or she is very fit. Don't be too quick to judge, because a person might be bulky with mass but he or she could have a low fitness level. Someone is only regarded as fit after passing all the five measurement of fitness as mentioned earlier.
Athletes would always be looking for ways to improve his or her physical fitness. Therefore, one common way for them to do this is by means of sports supplements.
For boosting the immune system, multivitamins are the sports supplements that can help you achieve this. You will find that you will less likely be ill and even if you do, you'll bounce back in no time. There are also supplements that helps build muscles and this will concurrently increase your strength and stamina.
You can find nature based sports supplements that come from herbs, minerals and plants. There are also synthetics types. Nature types are more safer but since they are very limited, combinations of both natural and synthetic supplement are created.
Exercise is the one thing that is constant when one speaks of physical fitness and achieving physical perfection. And whether or not it is a strenuous run on the treadmill or a yoga class, it is important to have the proper sports apparel. As with anything in the sports industry, however, attire that was created solely to provide comfort and support during exercise has become a fashion statement.
Because the main purpose of wearing sports apparel is to provide support, it is essential that you have the right attire for the activity you will be doing. All these includes track pants or suit, leggings, tank tops, shorts, running shoes or trainers, and a good sports bra for women. These apparels are made to provide the support and maintain a certain temperament of the body. For instance, a sports bra will provide the support for breasts unlike the bra worn daily and track pants or suits materials allows the body to maintain the heat during work out so that it does not cool off too quickly. So is a good pair of running shoes that will provide ample support for calves and ankle.
It is absolutely important that you wear the right attire to exercise or perform any sports activities. If you neglect this, you might just end up getting yourself injured as well as become very uncomfortable. The materials used to make sports attire are those that lets the skin breathe and perspire easily.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1431588