Physical development of early children. Early childhood is children aged 0-8 years, which at this age children experiencing developmental leap, extraordinary development speed than the age thereafter. At that age was a period placed basic personality structure that was built for the rest of his life. Physical and mental development at age 0-8 years have incredible rapid increase.
During the early childhood physical growth rate in terms of height and weight relative decline, compared to the previous period. Height and weight are both increased, but the percentage increase is different. Percentage increases in height can be doubled. Therefore early childhood generally tend to look slimmer or look thin.
In forming the increases in height, leg length growth percentage is greater than the growth of the waist. The development of physical abilities in early childhood could be identified in some cases.
The properties of physical development which can be observed in early childhood
- There is a development big muscles quickly enough in the last 2 years at the time of small children. It allows children to do various movements more freely then he can do a variety of basic movement skills. Some of the basic kinds of motion, for example: running, jumping, throwing, catching, and hitting evolve simultaneously but with a different rhythm of development. There is more quickly overpowered and there newly acquired later.
- With the development of large muscles, there is also the development of sufficient strength quickly, both on boys and girls. Between the ages of 3 to 6 years of an increase in strength until reaching approximately 65%.
- The growth of the feet and hands proportionally faster than the growth of other parts of the body, resulting in improved leverage greater in the motion that involves the hands and feet. The greater the leverage, will increase the speed of the move. It is very supportive formation of an assortment of basic motor skills.
- There was an increase motor coordination and balance the body fairly quickly. Increased motor coordination and accompanied by leverage of the feet and hands were bigger, make children more able to use his strength in physical activity. While increasing body balance also increases the range of motion flexibility in movement skills.
- Increased chance and the opportunity to do various kinds of of physical motion activity, can stimulate the development of the introduction of the basic concepts of object, space, force, time and causality. Through physical movement of small children begin to recognize the basic concepts of object outside himself.
For early childhood, physical movement activity and experience acquired in it, is not only beneficial for the physical development, the development of the function of organs, the development of motor skills, but also useful for intellectual development. Before being able to read, write, and count, early childhood will be more to express his thoughts through physical activity.
That article about physical development of early childhood (0-8 years). May be useful for the reader as well. Do not forget to see the interesting articles on this website. Thank you.